Resource Pages

Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year

[T-Minus 7 Days!]

Well, it's 2016... Happy New Year! Sorry for the brief pause during the holiday season, but this otter's back in business, and down to ONE WEEK until I get my first PrEP prescription! This is, of course, dependent upon my confirmatory negative HIV test, but I'm feeling pretty good about that - this has been a pretty tame holiday season, all around.

Still, one week til I get my first script means that I have some serious preparing to do. First of all, I need to think about cost. As I've mentioned in the past, Gilead has a fantastic copay (and even retail-cost) assistance program, which will help me defray some of the costs of the prescription. but it's best to get that all set up well in advance of trying to fill your script. I haven't actually called yet, so that's going to have to be my main priority this week. Besides that, it's relatively smooth sailing, until I actually start the meds in about a week. Then... we'll see! Most people don't report a lot of side-effects, but they're certainly possible. I'm a little anxious about it, but not enough to stop this process, for sure!

Over the next few days, I'll detail the process of getting signed up for copay assistance and what covering the cost might look like.

Cheers, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment