Resource Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

One-Month Doctor Visit

It actually happened about a week after the one-month mark, but I went in this past Monday for my first check-in with my PCP since beginning PrEP. This visit was really just for two things: a kidney panel to make sure that my kidney function hasn't been impacted by the Truvada; and the next booster for the Hep A/B vaccine that I needed.

The kidney labs came back yesterday (according to my PCP, my kidney function "looks great"). Unfortunately, so did a swift kick from the vaccine. Normally vaccines don't cause me any side-effects, but I've been sleeping badly for the past week, so I'm sure I wasn't at 100% to begin with. Anyway, yesterday and today I've been feeling run down and just sort of overall crummy. A little better today but, well, it sucks.

Two more months til my next PrEP check-in with my doctor. That visit (which will take place three months into my PrEP prescription,) will cover a lot more: full-panel HIV/STI tests, liver and kidney labs, cholesterol check, and my yearly physical. Not all of that is required to stay on PrEP (just the HIV test and liver/kidney labs), but it's a handy opportunity to cover more ground anyway, so why not take advantage?

Still at 100% adherence.

Cheers, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment